The main reasons behind thinking wrong cartridges have been received is that your particular printer model is either not listed on the box or cartridge label or the cartridges received look different from those you've used before.
Before opening the cartridges there are a few things to check first if you believe you may have received incorrect cartridges:
- If printers are listed on a box or cartridge spine, that is not necessarily a guaranteed list of full printer compatibility. There are usually several printers in a particular range and only enough room to list a few, usually the earliest models released.
- Check that the cartridge model number on the box or cartridges you have received matches the cartridge model number you ordered. If these match you can then cross reference that number with the cartridges currently installed in your printer.
- Cartridges are sometimes referred to using different numbers. For example, Epson 26XL Black is also known as T2621 under Epson Product Code.
If you have already opened cartridges and tried to install them without success, the following may cause you to believe you have the wrong cartridges:
- Check that you are installing the cartridges into the correctly designated slots in the printer. Cartridges can only be recognised and used in the correct colour slot.
- If your cartridge contains a chip, please make sure it is not damaged, firmly attached and in the correct position on the cartridge and clean of dirt, debris or fingerprints.
- Your new cartridges may look to be a different size or shape then that of previously purchased or currently installed cartridges. As long as the cartridge code/number is correct then this is perfectly normal. Different brands of compatible cartridges are usually manufactured to a different design compared to OEM cartridges in order to avoid infringing patents. They may also fit slightly differently than existing cartridges, but again, this is normal for compatible cartridges.
If you have any doubts at all, our advice would be to leave the cartridges unopened until contacting our customer services who will be happy to help!