If your printer gives you an error message stating that the cartridge cannot be detected or has blinking lights, please check the following before troubleshooting:
- Firstly, confirm that the cartridge number on the box you have received matches the cartridge you ordered. If these differ, please contact customer services to arrange for the correct cartridge to be re-dispatched.
- If the cartridge received matches what you ordered, please check that the cartridge number you have received matches the cartridge number currently installed in your printer. If this differs, it may be that the wrong cartridge was ordered. Again, customer services will help resolve this quickly.
- Check that you are installing the cartridge into the correctly designated slot in the printer.
- Make sure that the cartridge is not empty. Sometimes compatible cartridges produce a 'faulty' error when empty
Once you have confirmed you have the correct cartridge for your printer and it is installed in the correct position, follow any on-screen prompts and open the cover on the printer.
- Remove the suspect cartridge and close the cover.
- At this point, your printer may direct you to install an ink cartridge. Slowly re-install the cartridge.
If the problem persists after returning the cartridge to its cradle, you should reset your printer.
- This can be done by turning off your computer and your printer with the cartridges installed.
- Unplug your printer and leave your machines off for 2 minutes.
- Restart the printer and your computer, and attempt your print again.
If you are still experiencing problems, you will want to clean the optical sensor.
The optical sensor is located inside the printer and looks like the “eye” on an optical mouse. This sensor may need to be cleaned from any obstruction or debris.
- Slightly dampen a cotton swab with distilled water (you may use bottled water, but be sure to run the cotton swab against the bottle’s opening several times to remove any excess water).
- Carefully clean the optical sensor with the swab.
- Once this is complete, reinstall the cartridge and close the printer door.
If this is not successful it may be that a firmware update has been received for your printer or a faulty cartridge needs replacing, please contact customer services for further assistance.