The message "Cannot Detect" will appear on the display of the Brother machine after installing an ink cartridge(s) that is (1) installed too quickly, (2) broken or damaged or (3) a non-Brother cartridge.
Verify the ink cartridges are installed correctly by following the steps listed below:
1) Open the ink cartridge cover door.
2) Push the 4 coloured levers down and remove the ink cartridges from the machine.
3) Check that the machine power is turned ON and install the ink cartridges. If the machine is powered-off, it cannot detect when the ink cartridges are installed.
4) Each colour has its own correct position - match the colour of the cartridges with the colour of the levers. Reinstall the ink cartridges one at a time. Install the cartridges slowly, in the direction of the arrow on the label until it clicks into place. Continue with the next ink cartridge.
5) After all four cartridges are installed close the ink cartridge cover.
If you replaced an ink cartridge, the LCD may ask you to verify that it was a brand new one. For example, 'Did You Change Black?' For each new cartridge you installed, choose Yes. If the ink cartridge you installed is not a brand new one, be sure to choose No.
- If you mix the colours by installing an ink cartridge in the wrong position, clean the print head several times after correcting the cartridge installation.
- Once you open an ink cartridge, install it in the machine and use it up within six months of installation. Use unopened ink cartridges by the expiration date written on the cartridge package.