This error code is usually caused by an obstruction within the printer. More often than not, the cartridge cover has not been closed properly. Try the following steps to resolve this issue:
- Open the printer lid and check that all cartridges are installed correctly. Push firmly into place.
- If present, securely close the cartridge cover, pictured below.
If the error message remains after the above steps, perform the following:
- Turn the printer off, then disconnect the power and USB cable if connected.
- Open the printer cover and check for any torn or jammed paper and remove it carefully.
- Check for any other debris around the roller, print head and carriage area such as a build up of dust or dirt, plastic pull tabs, spilled ink or loose parts etc. and remove from the printer carefully.
- Connect printer to the power supply and initialse as normal.